Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

The Obsession with Perfection

Is it just me, or have we all gotten a little overly obsessed with perfection over the years? I know that it is human nature to want to look your best, but I don't think this obsession is healthy for the world. Eating disorders are running rampant, and people are committing suicide just because they don't feel pretty enough. That's just not right. Society is putting far too much pressure on people to look different than how they actually look, and I think something needs to be done about that.


I suppose you can consider this article a bit of a venting process for me. I went through a really really really long ugly duckling phase, and it wasn't until a few years ago that I actually started to like the way I looked. I got my braces off, my body filled out a little bit, and I was really starting to look the way I always wanted to. Even then though, people had a problem with some part of my body. I was "too skinny" or my boobs were "too small." There was a need for change no matter what I did, and it literally drove me insane.

If you have been going through a similar situation in your own life, you may be tempted to turn to plastic surgery to fix all of your "problems." While that is an option, I don't think it is one that you necessarily have to rely on for physical perfection. There are tons of ways to improve your body without going under the knife. You could work out to lose weight. You could buy a pushup bra to make your chest look bigger. You could buy clothes that make your body look better, and then you wouldn't have to worry about enhancing it with surgery. There is always a solution.

I'm not trying to suggest that all forms of plastic surgery are bad. I know that there are plenty of solutions that aren't extreme. Nevertheless, I think most people are looking for a quick fix that can turn them from parole officer to pageant queen in a matter of a few weeks. Plastic surgery is a lot more than a quick fix though. It is an entire alteration of the body that has to be carefully taken into consideration. Otherwise you may develop a very unhealthy quest for perfection.

If you have decided to get plastic surgery to fix an issue you have with your body, make sure that you explore all other options ahead of time. If you don't see any other way to be happy with the feature, try not to go overboard with change. Fix the one issue and don't do anything else. Once you start enjoying the feeling of improving your body, you may not know when to stop. The next thing you know, your A cups look like Dolly Parton bazongas and your nose is shaped like a four leaf clover. You wouldn't want that, would you?

You define perfection for your own life. I think I have a perfect life because I have a great job and a husband who loves me. Your perfection may come from having kids that are growing up to be successful members of modern society. Whatever the case may be, you cannot get overly obsessed with the need to look a certain way. That is both illogical and unhealthy. Don't let the obsession with perfection rule your day to day life. The sacrifice isn't worth it in the end.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such useful post with us. People get a price to be independent with their bodies changed. They gain a lot of confidence in their ability. In a world where physical attributes and appeal that is very important, dietary supplements, cosmetic surgeons hope to all people.

    Hospitals Northern Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am continually amazed by the amount of information available on this subject. What you presented was well researched and well worded in order to get your stand on this across to all your readers. fue hair transplant finance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cypon Syrup: Uses, Precaustion & Side Effects
    If you’re suggested Cypon Syrup, it is important to go through the details of the medicine such as its ingredients, side-effects, what precautions you should take and how to use it. Let’s have a look at a reliable description of Cypon Syrup

    ReplyDelete